Thursday 3 May 2012

Rojak oh Rojak!! + Cendol...

Last week, on the way back from post office in Jalan Telawi, Bangsar it was soooo hot!!! Damn hot. My brother who acted as my driver for the day purposely passed by this "rojak" lorry at Jalan Bukit Pantai. 

Gosh, the "rojak" was so delicious. I'm not a real fan of rojak but from time to time I would crave for this delicacy...

I've tasted many rojak but personally, I like this one best! And gosh, I would normally finish my portion of this rojak happily...

I would like to consider rojak as a healthy dish since it has vegetables in it (cucumber and sweet turnip, sometimes bean sprouts too) ...Oh, but I don't like my rojak with bean sprouts (taugeh)......raser cam nak mati klu makan taugeh...

Credit goes to these 2 machas yg buat rojak power punya.... Oh, the sambal sotong is delicious too...





 
Pasni, klu ane-ane ni dah femes...jangan lupa bagi aku makan rojak free & cendol!!! 

Opsss... the operating hours for the lorry is from 11.00 am until 5.00 pm Mondays to Fridays...

For you guys who are sooo rajin to make your own rojak... please feel free to read the rojak recipe below: 

Ingredients
100g dried shrimps
4 eggs
Oil for deep-frying
3 potatoes
1 tsp ground chilli paste
1/2 tsp salt
5 soya bean cakes

For Garnishing
1 cucumber, shredded
150g bean sprouts, scalded
Hard fritters

For the Dough1 1/3 cups plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp chicken stock
1/2 tsp of pepper
1/2 cup water
1 egg

For the Fritters
1 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
120ml water
1 green chilli, chopped
1/2 an onion, chopped

For the Sauce
450g sweet potatoes
5 cups water
4 tbsp oil
1½ tbsp tamarind juice in water
100g sugar Salt to taste
6 shallots, pounded finely
3 cloves garlic
2 tbsp chilli paste
1 tsp Chicken stock
100g toasted peanuts, pounded
1 tsp salt
A little dark soya sauce (for colour)


As for myself, I rather pay these macha RM5.00 for a plate of rojak, hassle free... yumm yumm... ^_^

Thanks for reading this entry

2 comments:

  1. OK, ada banyak improvement kat susunatur grafik. Pasal rojak ek? Hmmm... ada masa, nanti aku nak buat balik artikel ni dalam Bahasa Melayu penuh, dan link back kat original article ko, insyaAllah. Menarik!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tenkiu. I'm trying my best to improve and welcome comments to make my blog useful and informative.

    Silakan buat yg Bahasa Melayu, x sabar nak baca entry ko nnti...

    ReplyDelete